LTE: Kuster and Pappas vote to strip NH rights on how to hold elections

Home Forums General Discussion Discussion of state of New Hampshire issues LTE: Kuster and Pappas vote to strip NH rights on how to hold elections

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BobHatcher
      Participant

Letter to the Editor submitted on March 5, 2021 to the Union Leader

New Hampshire has long prided itself with its status as running the “first-in-the-nation” primary. That well-established status is under attack given the “Yea” votes of Ann Kuster and Chris Pappas’s on HR 1. All but one Democrat voted for the bill and no Republicans voted for it. Kuster and Pappas’s votes tell us clearly that they do not have New Hampshire’s best interests at heart.

Simply put, HR 1 is a bill that would remove a state’s right to conduct elections and is nothing short of a federal takeover of national elections. It’s quite clear that Article I or our Constitution gives state legislatures the authority to prescribe the “times, places and manner” of holding congressional elections. So, why does the legislature think they have authority over what’s clearly a state’s right? I’ve contacted both Kuster and Pappas’s offices and asked that question without response.

The bill is now in the Senate as S 1. Both Maggie Hassan and Jeanne Shaheen will show us how much contempt they hold New Hampshire. Do they think we are no longer competent to make our own voting laws?

Shame on Kuster and Pappas for voting against our own best interests. Let’s wait and see if Shaheen and Hassan have the guts to go against the Democrat machine but I’m not holding my breath.

Dave Rivers
      Participant

I love this letter!
      Thanks Bob.

I will forever be puzzled as to why NH insists on putting liberal Dems into Washington.
      Today’s Democrats do not represent the needs, wants or desires of everyday granite staters!
      We are not big government, high tax, anti-business, open border people…at least the granite staters that I know are not.

Any Republican on their worst day would be better for NH & the USA than any one of these out of touch leftists.

If GOP takes the House Nancy is GONE!
      Ditto on the Senate…we kiss Chucky good by!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.