Bob Hatcher – Website manager and communications

Home Forums Introduce Yourself PARC Board of Directors Introductions Bob Hatcher – Website manager and communications

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      BobHatcher
      Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Bob Hatcher.

I was raised by a single Mom. She was a very independent woman even before it was fashionable. Although she never made a lot of money we always seemed to have enough. In high school I remember her telling me that she’d qualify for government handouts and her saying “I’ll be God-damned if I ever take money from the government”. She told me that the government was already too big and huring the country.

I took that with me through life and consider myself a proud American first, a conservative second and a Republican third. My core belief is in personal responsibility. If you are down on your luck, work harder, get a second job, or get more education. Don’t look for the government to bail you out. That’s why on some issues I am almost libertarian. Seat belts, for example. I don’t think it’s the government’s role to mandate seat belts. If you are stupid enough to get in an accident and you are not wearing your seat belt then the insurance company doesn’t have to pay.

As Forest Gump said, stupid is as stupid does. You can’t legislate stupidity.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.